Bridge and the Beach
San Francisco is blessed with an abundance of girl-next-door good looks. On this San Francisco tour, see the natural beauty that all the other cities in America are jealous of by hiking the coastline past Golden Gate Bridge, Sutro Baths, beaches, and the bay.
- Tour like a local from the bridge to the beaches, the swish neighbourhoods and beyond
- Explore the rich history of the San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Capture scenic photos on a leisurely walk along the rugged coastline from the Golden Gate Bridge to Land’s End
- Discover the secret trails and mingle with the locals at play in this beautiful part of San Francisco
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions: Drinks/snacks, tips and gratuities for your local guide.
- Duration: 3.5 – 4.5 hours
- Meeting point: At the concrete sitting benches in front of the Bridge Cafe, located across from the Welcome Center in the Golden Gate Bridge Southeast Visitor Area.
- Starting time: 1.30 PM
- Ending point: Cliff House, a restaurant on the west coast of the San Fran peninsula – there is a bus service back to city center.
- Full Itinerary
Join a local guide for an experience you’ll never forgot on this San Francisco tour that takes a truly unique trail through this legendary city. Local history? Check. Beautiful sunsets? Check. One of the most incredible bridges in the world? Check. Let’s do this!
Your San Francisco city tour starts with a walk out onto the Golden Gate Bridge, where you will have fantastic views of the city skyline as your leader shares some local history about this world-renowned landmark. We’ll start our gentle hike by strolling away from the bridge and along the Pacific Coast while pelicans soar overhead and barges and sailboats glide into the bay. During your hike, the bridge will often come back into view so that you can really get to know it from all different angles – so don’t forget your camera!
Along this rugged coastline you’ll enjoy breathtaking cliff top views of the crashing surf from lookout spots such as Land’s End and Eagle’s Point. This San Francisco coast tour will take you along Baker Beach to put your toes in the surf, and here we’ll also mix with locals taking a break from city life or chat with fishermen casting lines.
We’ll mix things up a bit by taking a break from beach life as we climb the steps into San Francisco’s most exclusive neighbourhood where you will stroll among mansions, manicured gardens, and fine architecture. Few San Francisco tours take you through these different kinds of neighbourhoods, but we like to keep you on your toes here at Urban Adventures!
We’ll drop back down to the Pacific’s edge to explore the ruins of Sutro Baths. Dating back to 1896, the baths are the remains of wealthy entrepreneur and former San Francisco mayor Adolph Sutro’s creation and at one time the world’s largest indoor swimming pool establishment.
Finish this San Francisco tour off perfectly as you watch the sun sink down on the Pacific after your tour ends.
- Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide
- Exclusions: Drinks/snacks, tips or gratuities for your local guide.
- Dress standard: The weather along the coast can change quickly. Please wear layers, comfortable walking shoes, and be prepared for cool, damp weather if forecasted. Carry at least one litre of water and snacks. Trip will run rain or shine, so be prepared with rain gear!
- Your Trip: This trip is offered on a “join-in” basis. Maximum group size is 12.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Child Policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
Ms. Jennifer R. from Australia travelled on 26 Nov 2015:
Susie did a fantastic job as guide, amazing walking tour from Golden Gate Bridge to Cliff House along the coastline, great views of the bridge and learnt the Spanish history of the area, especially enjoyed the post walk talk about some of the history of San Francisco, an added bonus…
Mr. James S. from Australia travelled on 25 May 2013:
Great tour. Wonderful views. Tour guide excellent.
Ms. Angela M. from Australia travelled on 02 Apr 2013:
Jen was fabulous. Knowledgable, friendly, interesting and personable. I was particularly impressed at her commitment to preserving the environment- she picked up others litter and carried it out to bins later on. A great tour & guide. Thanks Jen and Intrepid!!
Mr. Robin N. from Australia travelled on 12 Jun 2012:
This was a great walk and Lily was a lovely person to take it Her knowledge and enthusiasm for Dan Franciscomwas extensive and we learnt a lot as well as seeing parts of the city we would have missed otherwise